Bridging Refugee Youth and Children's Services (BRYCS) aims to strengthen the capacity of refugee-serving and mainstream organizations across the U.S. to empower and ensure the successful development of refugee children, youth, and their families.
Through its Website and Clearinghouse, BRYCS strives to:
- Increase public awareness and encourage community engagement
- Increase information-sharing and collaboration among refugee-serving and mainstream agencies at the local, state, regional, and national levels resulting in a more coordinated and effective service system
- Facilitate knowledge building and dissemination for the field of refugee child welfare, building an institutionalized memory for years to come
- Increase the technical knowledge of staff in order to improve the effectiveness of services
- Help build capacity for agencies to develop and sustain programs targeted to refugee children, youth, and their families in order to increase the availability of appropriate, quality programming
- Support and enhance the self-sufficiency of refugee children, youth and their families